Friday, September 27, 2013

An apology and a brag

I want to start off today by apologizing for the lack of posts in the past week, something which is likely to continue for another week to ten days.  I am having some hardware issues and cannot get any of my photos to upload, to blogger, or Facebook, etc.  odd.  I am working on it though, and have posts written and saved, ready to post just as soon as photos can be added.  Please be patient and check back in a week or so.


In the meantime, I am going to brag on my niece just a little bit.  She is one of the two thousand, yes two thousand, Lakewood High School kids in a lip dub of Katy Perry's Roar.  The kids, with minimal help, but certainly cooperation, from staff put this together and had it online already last week, not bad at all.  I cannot imagine the effort to choreograph and create this and get it all all in one take.  I think it is pretty clear the kids had fun making it, and that this is an active group of kids who participate in a huge variety of school activites.  Really not the out of control hooligans that the media often portrays.  Good kids, having fun.  And, it is part of a contest to win Katy coming out to the school for a concert.  The kids are asking that of they win, she plays Mile High stadium nd they be allowed to sell tickets to raise funds for Colorado flood victims.  How smart is that?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/colo-high-schools-katy-perry-roar-lip-dub-150424471--abc-news-music.html

Anyway, enjoy the article and the video, and if you are so inclined, tweet Katy and encourage her select them as her winner.  But either way, enjoy the video and thanks for letting me brag about my niece and her friends and classmates.

Hadley

No comments:

Post a Comment