Thursday, February 14, 2013

Our Spanish Christmas Adventure Part VIII--Scenes from El Campello

I keep getting sidetracked with current events here in Germany, but here is a bit more about our holiday in Spain.  The 28th was pretty much a lost day for me as I was still sick, but Dave and Rio went out exploring the coastline in El Campello and took several photos worth sharing with you:







By evening I was feeling mostly well again, and I wanted to get out, so we had a nice stroll along the beach and then out along the fishing area.  It is hard to get a nice photo in the dark with my camera, but I thought the bait vending machine was funny. It was just like a soda vending machine, but instead of getting a canned drink for your money, you get a container of live worms.  It seemed popular, and quite a few people were out fishing in the dark.


We never really got many photos up in town--but the entire little town, as well as the coastline area was really nice.  It was clean and cute, easy to navigate, etc.  One thing that was funny for us was that there is a large British Ex Pat community in the area and we seemed to hear as much English as Spanish whenever we went strolling. It really was a nice town to stay in, and very centrally located (with clean train running through town every 10 minutes to take you to Alicante in one direction or Benidorm in the other).  So, if you are ever looking for a place to get away to in Southern Spain, I would recommend it without a doubt.

Hadley








No comments:

Post a Comment